Some people think you should only register for your first baby, but I think it is ok to have a registry for second baby (or subsequent) as long as you aren’t asking for a bunch of new stuff that you already got the first time around. Many people will want to get you gifts, and each baby deserves to be celebrated regardless of birth order, so you might as well register for some things you need, could use, or maybe didn’t have the first time around. Here are 6 of my picks (from my Babylist registry for baby boy #2, due in a couple of months!) that I think every second baby registry needs.
- Baby Brezza Formula Pro: As someone who has already done late night feedings and breastfed but had to supplement with formula, this seems like a game-changer, especially for middle-of-the-night feedings. There’s no mixing, measuring, or mess and the bottle is the perfect temperature every time. I need this in a major way.
- ERGObaby 360 (or a baby carrier if you didn’t have one the first time around): If you didn’t have a baby carrier with baby #1, getting one is essential with baby #2. I’ve been told (from my mom friends who already have 2 kids) that you often wear your second while running around with the older sibling. I did wear my first baby, but am really eager to get my hands on one of the new ERGObaby 360 carriers that allow baby to face out, as well as their traditional other 3 positions.
- Baby monitor with TWO cameras: If your first baby is still young enough to require a monitor, registering for a video monitor with two cameras is key. I didn’t even have a video monitor with my first – it was one of those things that I thought was extravagant and totally unnecessary…until I actually had a baby and realized it would be very helpful to see if he was crying because his foot was stuck in his crib rail or he just wanted my company. So I learned my lesson and am hoping for a video monitor with two cameras, since we still use a monitor with our first son.
- Bath products and gift sets: Chances are you don’t have any baby bath products left from the first time around. I used and loved Mustela products with my first baby and was recently introduced to products from Zoe Organics (I’m really intrigued by the baby bath tea) so I included sets of both on my own registry.
- Milestone cards: If you did milestone photos of baby #1, then you know what a fun process it was to document baby’s first year. And if you didn’t, you should do it with your second baby. Either way, a set of milestone cards or stickers for baby #2 reminds (or forces) you to remember to document them. It might not be as much as you documented your first baby, but at least you’ll have a record of their growth and progress too.
- Double Stroller and/or Piggyback board for big sibling: Depending on how old your first child is, you’re going to need a way to transport both kiddos at the same time. My first son is three and a half, so I definitely want the Uppababy piggyback board to add to our Uppababy Vista for strolling around the neighborhood. But I’m still on the fence about whether or not we need a full-on double stroller. There are just times when you need both kids to be restrained and seated safely, and for that reason (and after A LOT of double stroller research) I put this double stroller on our registry as well.
And of course, lots of diapers, wipes, and consumable products are always good – but those are less fun to talk about.
What are your must-haves for baby #2? Am I missing anything from my registry for my second baby?
About Chandra Fredrick
Living in Los Angeles with her talented actor husband Jonathan and toddler son Charlie, Chandra blogs daily at Oh Lovely Day, sharing inspiration for wedding, home, and child. When she's not writing, Chandra is treasure hunting at flea markets for her home and event rental company Gilded Rentals and being a mom to a very active 3 year old. She also enjoys DIY'ing and decorating her new home and eating at the LA Farmers' Market with her family.